SUMMER CAMP PROGRAM
Our summer camp program (Horizon Camp) is a week-long camp where adults with physical disabilities team up one-on-one with able-bodied volunteers for a week of recreation, learning, and fun. Located at Timber Pointe Outdoor Center in Hudson, Illinois – the site is just 12 miles outside Bloomington/Normal. The camp rests on 170 rolling acres of land on beautiful Lake Bloomington.
The site is fully accessible including air-conditioned cabins, a heated pool with ramp access, accessible shower facilities and a two story lodge overlooking the lake. Participants will take part in multiple adapted sports including archery, canoeing, paintball, and horseback riding in a safe, yet beautiful setting.
Horizon Camp creates and fosters a positive, inclusive, and empowering environment to all. The best part is camp is offered free of charge to all participants. Generous donors and fundraising make this happen. Last year we hosted 105 campers and 150 volunteers, including an eight person support team.
- 2019 Camp applications are now available. Applications can be completed online only.
- After you fill out your online application you will need to download and mail your waiver and physical form.
- Day activities include our “pamper-yourself” spa day, arts & crafts, swimming, pontoon boat rides, a variety of sporting events, talent shows and comedy acts.
- Evening activities have included: nightly cookouts, casino night, karaoke, campfires, and our friday night dance.
- In previous years we hosted workshops in adaptive yoga, living wills, assistive technology and independent living. We work every year to bring an educational workshop to our camp population.
- The camp is provided free of charge for all volunteers and participants.
- Transportation: Participants and volunteers are expected to provide for their own transportation to and from camp. Limited transportation is available at a cost, for more information please contact George Czerwionka.
- A medical team is on-site all week.
- Unfortunately we do not provide advanced nursing care or mental health care.
- Hospital beds are available upon request, although limited for most at need.
Please see the important links at the bottom of this page for even more important details.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone 16 years of age or older who can donate a week of their time & energy is welcome. No previous experience is necessary — just a willingness to help. Orientation sessions are provided to ensure the safety of everyone involved. For more information, visit the link below.
Who Can Attend?
Anyone 18 years of age or older with a physical disability can attend the Horizon Summer Camp program. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. Acceptance is contingent on our Camper Criteria, a completed physical, availability of volunteers, funds, etc.
For additional information about summer camp, please click the link below.
Interested in being a Sponsor?
Cannot attend camp but would like to support camp? Please fill out the 2019 Camp Sponsorship form below.
Optional for Campers
Camp Application & Instructions
Association of Horizon is a tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Association of Horizon Tax ID number is: 36-3814090.