A mini version of our summer camp
Horizon offers a weekend camp experience where adults with physical disabilities team up, usually one on one, with able-bodied volunteers for recreation, learning and fun.
Fall weekend will take place September/October each year at Timber Pointe Outdoor Center, which is an Easter Seals Camp, located in Hudson, Illinois. The campsite is fully accessible with climate-controlled cabins.
Space is limited so it’s recommended that you submit your application early.
2022 Fall Weekend is October 14th – 16th
Applications are now closed
Fall Weekend Details and Information:
- If you selected to pay by check, you must mail in your check before you arrive.
- Activities include campfires, arts & crafts, and board games.
- The cost for fall weekend is $50 per person or $40 if “PAIR” coupon code is entered for an attendant/camper pair
- Participants are expected to provide for their own transportation to and from camp.
- There are no hospital beds available at fall weekend.
- There is no medical team on-site for fall weekend.
- Need directions? Visit this map to find the camp site.
- What should I pack? For a list of suggestions, click here.
- We greatly appreciate your generous donations. Please contact the Fall Weekend planning committee if you are interested in donating items for our weekend.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone 16 years of age, or older, who can donate their time & energy are welcome. No previous experience is necessary — just a willingness to help.
Families with Future Camp Volunteers
There is limited space for volunteers who are not yet 16 years old. These volunteers can attend with an adult family member. Please contact the Fall Weekend Committee for details on these “future camp volunteer” positions.
Who Can Attend?
Anyone 18 years of age, or older, with a physical disability can attend the Horizon Fall Weekend Camp program. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. Acceptance is contingent on our camper criteria and availability of volunteers.
If you have additional questions about fall camp please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Fall Weekend Committee.
Association of Horizon is a tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Association of Horizon Tax ID number is: 36-3814090.