Horizon offers a weekend camp experience where adults with physical disabilities team up, usually one on one, with able-bodied volunteers for recreation, learning and fun.
Fall weekend will take place at Timber Pointe Outdoor Center, which is an Easter Seals Camp, located in Hudson, Illinois. Every cabin has wheelchair access. Space is limited so send in your application early.
If something comes up and you are unable to attend, please notify email@example.com right away.
2017 Fall Weekend Camp Dates: October 6th – 8th
Arrival – Friday, October 6th @ 6:30 pm
Departure – Sunday, October 8th @ 10:30 am
- Applications are available online.
- After you apply online you must print, sign and mail in the waiver, along with your payment.
- Activities include campfires, arts & crafts, and board games.
- The cost for fall weekend is $40 or $70 per camper and attendant pair.
- Participants are expected to provide for their own transportation to and from camp.
- There are no hospital beds available at fall weekend.
- There is no medical team on-site for fall weekend.
- Need directions? Visit this map to find the camp site.
- Packing for camp can be a difficult task. For a list of suggestions, click here.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone 16 years of age, or older, who can donate their time & energy is welcome. No previous experience is necessary — just a willingness to help.
Families with Future Camp Volunteers
There is limited space for volunteers who are not yet 16 years old. These volunteers can attend with an adult family member. Please contact the fall weekend committee for details on these “future camp volunteer” positions.
Who Can Attend?
Anyone 18 years of age, or older, with a physical disability can attend the Horizon Fall Weekend Camp program. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. Acceptance is contingent on our camper criteria and availability of volunteers.