One of the most common questions asked is, “What Do I Need to Bring to Camp?”
If something comes up and you are unable to attend, please notify the recruitment committee right away. They work hard matching up individuals and need as much time as possible to rearrange when necessary.
First of all, there is limited space so it is important to PACK LIGHT but remember to bring all of the necessities:
- IMPORTANT: Bring enough medication for the entire week
- IMPORTANT: sheets for a twin bed/blanket/sleeping bag/pillows/pillowcases
- Towel/washcloths and all personal toiletries
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo soap, brush & comb
- Contact lenses or glasses
- Shirts and shorts
- Long-sleeve shirts, sweatshirts, sweater or a jacket
- Pants, jeans and/or sweatpants
- Underclothes, socks, pajamas and robe
- Gym shoes and spare pair of shoes
- Swimsuit, sunglasses, hats and flip-flops (great for shower shoes)
- Raincoat, poncho or umbrella
- Insect repellent
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Lawn chair/camping chair
- Extra white T-shirt for tie-dying
- Snack foods if you desire. Personal food must be stored in plastic containers or Ziploc baggies
- Any board games/card games, books, musical instrument or hobbies to share with others.
- Personal medical equipment such as battery charger or sling for Hoyer lift
- Copy of insurance card, power of attorney, etc.
NOTE: Please bring the enough clothing and personal items/toiletries for the ENTIRE week. Laundry and shopping is not available. Also, please understand there is limited electrical outlets available and all medical equipment in the cabin receive top priority.