A mini version of our summer camp
Horizon offers a weekend camp experience where adults with physical disabilities team up, usually one on one, with able-bodied volunteers for recreation, learning and fun.
Fall weekend will take place in September or October at Timber Pointe Outdoor Center, which is an Easter Seals Camp, located in Hudson, Illinois. The campsite is fully accessible with climate controlled cabins.
Space is limited so its reccommended to submit your application early.
2018 Fall Weekend Camp Dates have yet to be set.
Stay tuned for additional information.
- Applications will be available online in August.
- After you apply you must print, sign and mail in the waiver, along with your payment.
- Activities include campfires, arts & crafts, and board games.
- The cost for fall weekend is $40 per person or $70 per camper and attendant pair.
- Participants are expected to provide for their own transportation to and from camp.
- There are no hospital beds available at fall weekend.
- There is no medical team on-site for fall weekend.
- Need directions? Visit this map to find the camp site.
- What should I pack? For a list of suggestions, click here.
- Were always looking for donations, please let us know if you can help.
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone 16 years of age, or older, who can donate their time & energy are welcome. No previous experience is necessary — just a willingness to help.
Families with Future Camp Volunteers
There is limited space for volunteers who are not yet 16 years old. These volunteers can attend with an adult family member. Please contact the fall weekend committee for details on these “future camp volunteer” positions.
Who Can Attend?
Anyone 18 years of age, or older, with a physical disability can attend the Horizon Fall Weekend Camp program. Applications are processed on a first come, first served basis. Acceptance is contingent on our camper criteria and availability of volunteers.
If you have additional questions about fall camp please don’t hesitate to reach out to the fall weekend committee.
Association of Horizon is a tax exempt 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Association of Horizon Tax ID number is: 36-3814090.